Why You Should Care
- Now that the attack has been made public, it is likely to be used by attackers.
- Please be aware that Gmail or Office 365 will not be filtering these email threats at this present moment as its not a widespread issue yet.
- The threat needs to be stopped before hitting you mailbox / iPhone so having a comprehensive cloud email filtering solution is crucial.
What Can I Do?
- Inform those using the iOS native email client of this vulnerability and recommend that they move to different email client for iOS or only use the desktop application or web clients, which are not affected.
- Instruct users to update their iPhones as soon as the fix is available.
- Speak to your Managed Service Provider or IT company to ensure all preventative measures are in place.
Joel is the Founder of Cloud E Systems and heavily engaged with designing and implementing network infrastructure solutions for a leading global partner company in mining.
He has over 14 years experience building, supporting and delivering complex enterprise network & security systems across Internet Service Providers (ISP), mining and the Federal Government private sector.